Vice President Engineering & Operations Advanced Therapeutic Wound Care Devices
Our client, a division of a publicly held, growth oriented company with healthy financials and an established presence in expanding markets, is poised for rapid growth. They design and manufacture powered and non-powered therapeutic support surfaces and related products. An innovator that is highly customer focused, The Company has a strong reputation for providing high quality therapeutic surfaces and advanced wound care devices that are recognized for their superior patient therapy. The Company plans to launch several new products next year followed by a succession of new products and enhancement to their comprehensive portfolio of therapeutic solutions.
A quality driven organization with a progressive management style that is evolving their operations and enhancing their management team. The Company has a number of ongoing development programs and expects to launch several new products within the next year. Candidates must be comfortable with the demands of driving a growth oriented company and be compatible with a passionate committed approach to business as well as an entrepreneurial environment that requires a hands-on-approach.
As a member of the senior management team, the VP of Engineering reports directly to the CEO.
Responsible for directing the Design, Development & Manufacturing of Advanced Products and technologies.
A degree in engineering required, an advanced degree is preferred, and knowledgeable of hardware, software and related components for medical device systems development.
A passionate, highly credible, high impact individual with impeccable integrity is essential for success. Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational, communication and presentation skills. The successful candidate will be an independent minded, analytical thinker, with a rational and logical decision making style. They must have a collaborative management approach and be capable of persuading and building consensus. The ability to effect and implement change in the present while developing and building for the future is critical.
The VP of Engineering will be responsible for:
The company is seeking an experienced Engineering executive with the capacity to accelerate product development programs, enhance current products, and improve manufacturing processes. This individual will lead the design, development and manufacturing of Advanced Therapeutic Products. Candidates must be capable of planning and implementing a mature world-class design, development and manufacturing management system. Collaborating with sales & marketing, quality assurance and regulatory, the Vice President of Engineering will ensure the rapid and efficient, commercialization of products. The chosen candidate will be expected to achieve results through effective utilization of their technical expertise and leadership and problem solving skills. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide the vision, direction, guidance and motivation to R&D engineers to ensure they plan and complete multiple projects on time and budget, and to manufacturing personal to ensure efficient delivery of high levels of quality and product reliability.
- Devise the strategies and systems to optimize product development and sustaining engineering processes with a view to manufacturability, quality and robust product performance.
- Establish procedures for product design control, product development and product enhancements, process improvements, testing and for the simultaneous tracking of the progress of multiple projects.
- Creates development process, procedures, project plans, and serves as leader/manager for the project management teams from inception through market release.
- Identify critical product development issues, evaluate, approve and document all final product designs and design changes, and ensure product specifications are met prior to release into manufacturing.
- Provide and maintain up-to-date bill of materials (BOM), drawings and other documentation necessary for device history record.
- Provide technical expertise and experimental capability for support of manufacturing, quality assurance, and customer support.
- Ensure that all product development processes and activities comply with regulatory standards.
- Ensure seamless coordination of all product development activities, and with other functional areas of the company for rapid product introductions.
Candidates should posses the following experience, abilities and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in product development with special emphasis in engineering component based systems, preferably with powered Medical Devices or DME products.
- Direct “hands-on” experience with all aspects and phases of product engineering, including design controls, project planning, project budgeting, project leadership, process improvements and sustaining engineering.
- Strong organizational, process development and managerial skills, as well as an exemplary track record of completing multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Successful track record organizing and leading multi-functional departments in a fast cycle product development environment from market/business requirements through production.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in varying engineering and manufacturing functions and must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where resources come from incremental growth.
DESIRED QUALITIES & DELIVERABLES
The company is seeking an Engineering executive with the technical expertise, marketplace knowledge, and passion to leverage The Company’s presence in the market, and the command to accelerate their product development efforts and lead them to a position of market dominance.
- The ideal candidate will be a well- organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results, as well as articulating unique ideas and perspectives.
- The successful candidate will have the presence and integrity to command respect and the confidence and energy to be an effective change agent. They will have an appreciation of and sensitivity to bridging product engineering and performance with marketplace realities and the knowledge and facility to establish business relationships that will optimize commercialization.
- The company is seeking an individual who can develop Engineering & Operational plans that emphasize business planning, acceleration of development cycles & optimization of product development, as well as implement the mechanism, processes, metrics and reporting structure that will drive future growth.
- Candidate must be able to identify business and market opportunities and be capable of preparing new product introductions and of managing and leveraging broader product offerings.
The complete package will include a competitive base salary, highly attractive equity, benefits program, and relocation assistance.
Mr. Larry Glines
39 South LaSalle Street, Suite 714
Chicago, IL 60603