Vice President Sales – Critical Care
Our client has pioneered and developed medical devices that significantly impact patient care and which provide superior clinical performance and utility. The Company has experienced rapid growth which it is well positioned to sustain, and has high expectations for increased revenue generation through expansion, enhanced market penetration, and greater efficiencies of their sales and service operations.
The Company is publicly held, growth oriented, well resourced, fiscally disciplined, highly focused and committed to expanding its market dominance. Their culture is customer focused, energetic, professional and passionate. Candidates must be comfortable operating within a profit driven environment where metrics are utilized to measure results, dedication is expected and personal and team accountability/responsibility is core to individual and company success.
Will report directly to the Company's President.
Has responsibility for leading a large direct sales force that includes Directors, Managers and Reps.
An undergraduate degree is required. An MBA will be looked upon favorably.
A highly credible, high impact individual with impeccable integrity and professional discipline is essential. The successful candidate will be an independent minded, analytical thinker, with a fact based decision making style capable of persuading and building consensus. Candidates must possess strong leadership, organizational, mentoring, motivational, presentation and communication skills. The ability to effect and implement change in the present while developing and building for the future is critical.
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for development and execution of Sales Strategies and Plans that increase revenue and profitability by accelerating and sustaining growth across multiple market segments. This will include: reviewing and rationalizing current efforts; developing the processes and infrastructure to build and grow related functional areas, leading efforts to deepen existing relationships and allocating the resources to support the company’s expansion appropriate for each stage of growth.
The Vice President of Sales will:
- Cultivate a culture that challenges and empowers employees to plan effectively and to be accountable for driving growth and profitability. Implement a structure and management process that emphasizes professional development and performance at all levels.
- Formulate solutions and success pathways to optimize sales effectiveness. Focus on sales process, increasing market penetration, broadening product offerings in specific markets, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction, implementing effective metrics and reporting mechanisms and driving top and bottom line contributions.
- Lead, develop and retain a high performance team driving relentless focus on the core activities of profitable growth and market expansion. Provide strategic and tactical direction to the sales organization.
- Developing a strategic sales plan that emphasizes business planning and for implementing a reporting structure focused on process and accountability that drives growth and profitability in each market segment.
- Developing and maintaining management book that includes an organization chart, job descriptions, sales plan, quotas, key reports, expense guidelines and budgets.
- Maintaining and distributing updated new business opportunities and forecasts for major market groups by territory, region, and channel.
- Rationalize sales plans and approaches and develop the most effective sales process for each market segment and territory.
- Achieve sales and other appropriate financial measures, including sales targets within user/market segments within each reporting period
- Develop plans to ensure successful introduction of new products and services and achieve broader adaptation of existing products and services across all market segments.
- Responsible for monitoring all appropriate market segments and developing and implementing plans/actions to respond to changes in the competitive environment in these markets. This includes new techniques or methods of selling to and servicing customers.
- Establish systems for collecting and utilizing market intelligence from the company's "missionary" sales efforts.
Candidates should posses the following experience, abilities and attributes:
- A minimum of two years of experience leading a multi-level direct sales force within a critical care monitoring and/or diagnostic services environment. Strong preference for "missionary sales experience" focused on influencing/changing clinician behavior. Experience with a patient services business and revenue model would be ideal.
- Sophisticated strategic planning and sales process skills and the leadership to positively effect change and drive growth.
- A track record of success expanding market penetration and increasing sales and market share, and the demonstrated ability to train, direct, and develop reps. Must have the capacity to lead and make effective decisions in a high growth, rapidly evolving environment.
- 15 + years of increasing responsibility in sales & marketing with strong fundamental experience in Sales Management.
- Cardiac Rhythm Management or other Cardiac Care experience is a plus, as is DME experience and marketing to other Medical Specialties and Subgroups.
- Must be very computer literate and experienced with CRM.
- Must have good analytical skills and be experienced at making decisions based on data and analysis.
DESIRED QUALITIES & DELIVERABLES
The company is seeking an executive with the experience, financial acuity, business acumen and passion to lead them to position of global market dominance.
- The ideal candidate will be a well- organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results, as well as articulating unique ideas and perspectives.
- The success candidate will have the presence and integrity to command respect and the confidence and energy to be an effective change agent. They will have the knowledge and facility to establish relationships and resolve customer issues.
- The company desires a leader with strong interpersonal and people management skills that mentors and develops subordinates and engenders high expectations and performance.
- The company is seeking an individual who can develop strategic sales plans that emphasize business planning and accountability and implement the mechanism, processes, metrics and reporting structure that will drive sales growth.
The complete package will include a competitive base salary and incentives that include performance bonuses, stock options, an attractive benefits program and relocation.
Mr. Larry Glines
39 South LaSalle Street, Suite 714
Chicago, IL 60603