Marketing Manager Cardiology Diagnostics
Publicly held, well financed and poised for sustained growth, our client develops and manufactures automated Molecular Diagnostics systems and tests for clinical diagnostics markets. Having successfully introduced FDA-cleared molecular diagnostics tests based on their proven direct detection technology, the Company is now focused on development and commercialization of next generation rapid, automated sample-to-result, random access multiplex clinical tests and instruments. The novel rapid diagnostics tests they are developing, together with their automated testing platform, will provide low cost and complexity, on demand, rapid solutions for the molecular diagnostics market. With multiple assay development teams and a strong pipeline of new products, the company is well positioned for rapid growth through menu expansion. The Company is developing international distribution channels and is prepared to enter global markets in 2011.
The Company has fully integrated commercial operations and offers an open, collegial, entrepreneurial working environment.
The Marketing Manager is a key member of the commercialization team and reports to the Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer.
The challenge is to effectively manage the worldwide strategic and tactical marketing programs for the Company's line of automated Specialty Assays & Novel Biomarkers for Cardiology. The scope of the position will include managing all phases of marketing with an emphasis on market development and product launch and support. This will include strategic portfolio management, market research, technology assessment, product design specifications, clinical studies management, promotion, field sales support, product training, competitive analysis & defense, market and business development activities, and product line financial management. The position works cross-functionally with R&D, Regulatory & Quality, Manufacturing, Sales and Finance.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for development and execution of Marketing & Sales Strategies and Plans to facilitate the launch and ramp-up of sales of the Company’s Cardiology & Genetic diagnostics tests. This will include reviewing and rationalizing current efforts, developing the processes and infrastructure to build and grow related functional areas.
- Create strategic roadmap for new product development based on market driven product definition.
- Develop strategies and plans for market development: awareness development, promotions, sales programs, physician education programs and communications, public relations, pricing, etc…
- Create data driven clinical support material for all offerings validating value proposition in key areas of clinical and economic outcomes.
- Drive cross-functional activities that are key to sales and marketing efforts.
- Clinical support, studies and registries
- New product development
- Project/Sales support
- Customized Product Solutions
- Provide input to the selection and development of new diagnostic products. Effectively articulate product clinical application and benefits to professional groups to drive adoption and increase usage.
- Build credible and sustainable relationship with key opinion leaders in all market applications and specialties.
- Develop and implement “educational” strategies to inform physicians about availability of Cardiology diagnostics tests and their potential clinical indications. These may include booths at large scientific and educational physician conferences and presentations at clinical and laboratory sites.
- Develop detailed product introduction strategies, including product positioning, technical & clinical arguments, competitive attack, and clinical studies necessary to validate performance.
- Devise marketing strategies for eventual FDA-approved kits.
- Design and implementation of sales training program for reps and customers.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, service and customer support team to ensure the successful launch and success of new products.
- Establish processes, metrics, management systems and compensation programs to effectively drive and measure sales activities.
Candidates should posses the following experience, abilities and attributes:
- The ideal candidate will be a well- organized, analytical, creative, and strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results.
- 7 + years of increasing responsibility in IVD marketing with strong experience with Novel test and knowledge of molecular diagnostics.
- Background in Cardiology, Genetics or direct to consumer diagnostic testing is a plus, as is experience marketing to the head of clinical laboratories.
- They must be able to understand the clinical application of Products and have the skills to develop and articulate the technical and business argument to establish, expand and defend market share.
- Should be experienced in cultivating relationships with and gaining the endorsements of Key Thought Leaders, Medical Advisory Groups and Industry Associations.
- The candidate selected will be an effective and persuasive communicator able to articulate unique ideas and perspectives
- Experience in varying business environments including small/mid-size companies, preferably with prior development stage experience.
The complete package will include a competitive base salary and incentives that include performance bonuses, stock options, an attractive benefits program and relocation.
Mr. Larry Glines
39 South LaSalle Street, Suite 714
Chicago, IL 60603