General Manager Contract Manufacturing Unit
Our client, a division of a publicly held, growth oriented company with healthy financials and an established presence in expanding markets. They design and manufacture powered and non-powered therapeutic support surfaces and related products. Their Contract Manufacturing Unit is highly customer focused and provides customized support surface solutions. The Company is looking for a seasoned operations executive, with solid general management & leadership experience capable of providing strategic vision and of implementing operational improvements while driving results, to lead this business unit. This is an outstanding opportunity with a company that is well positioned for sustained growth. The Company has high expectations for increased revenue and profit generation through market expansion and greater efficiencies of their manufacturing operations.
The Company is profitable, growth oriented, well resourced, fiscally disciplined, highly focused and committed to achieving market expansion. The General Manager must be comfortable with the demands of driving a growth oriented company and be compatible with a passionate committed approach to business as well as an entrepreneurial environment that requires a hands-on-approach. The General Manager will be responsible for the overall success of a growing $45M multi-location business unit.
Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering degree and MBA a plus.
A passionate, highly credible, high impact individual with impeccable integrity is essential for success. Candidates must be charismatic and possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational, communication and presentation skills. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, creative, self-driven, customer-focused and capable of fostering a positive team environment and inspiring excellence. Candidates should have the capacity to effect positive change and have demonstrated this by enhancing operations & growing a company or a division. The individual selected will be expected to mentor and develop his staff and enhance the talent at all levels of the business.
As a member of the senior management team, the General Manager reports directly to the CEO.
Responsible for the overall management, operations and leadership of two manufacturing facilities and their employees.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
The scope of the role is general management with full P&L responsibility. The General Manager supervises the overall contract manufacturing business unit inclusive of sales, customer service, finance, purchasing, quality assurance and quality improvement, engineering, manufacturing process and production management, equipment, maintenance and safety in a GMP FDA regulated environment. The General Manager will be expected to grow the business, increase sales, optimize operations while providing superior products and high levels of customer satisfaction. Responsibilities will include:
- Creates, plans and manages the budget and meets expected profitability by managing manufacturing costs and margins.
- Cultivate a culture that challenges and empowers employees to deliver world class product and services. Implement a structure and management process that emphasizes professional development and performance excellence at all levels.
- Conducting a strategic review of the business unit’s organizational structure and operations and make the necessary changes to ensure the best use of resources, facilities and people. This will include an emphasis on improving the business unit’s production efficiency.
- Lead, develop and retain a high performance team driving relentless focus on the core activities of profitable growth and market expansion. Provide strategic and tactical direction to all functional areas of the organization.
- Provide the technical expertise and guidance to support manufacturing, quality assurance, and customer support.
- Ensure that all product and manufacturing processes and activities comply with regulatory and safety standards.
- Ensure seamless coordination of all customer requirements for product production with other functional areas of the company for on-time product delivery.
Candidates should posses the following experience, abilities and attributes:
- 15 plus years in a variety of management roles with P&L responsibility, experience with legal issues and contract negotiations, in engineering and production environment, preferably with Medical Devices or DME products.
- Must have experience in high volume process manufacturing of commodity products, with a particular emphasis on ensuring high quality standards and cost effective production.
- Direct “hands-on” experience with all aspects and phases of budgeting, product engineering and manufacturing, sales and customer services, project leadership, process improvements and cost controls with a special emphasis on lean principles.
- The business knowledge and financial acumen to make sound profitable decisions.
- Strong organizational, process development and managerial skills, as well as an exemplary track record of completing multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Successful track record organizing and leading multi-functional teams in a fast cycle contract manufacturing environment from market/business requirements through production.
- Willingness and ability to assess and implement necessary changes to meet the needs of the customers and drive the growth and profitability of the business
- Demonstrated openness to get into the appropriate level of detail to develop sustainable solutions.
- Conviction for delivering upon commitments.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in varying business environments and must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where resources come from incremental growth.
This highly attractive opportunity will include a competitive base salary, highly attractive equity, benefits program, and relocation assistance.
Mr. Larry Glines
39 South LaSalle Street, Suite 714
Chicago, IL 60603