CEO of Molecular Diagnostics
Our client is an innovative start-up biotechnology company that has identified the means to improve the manner by which cervical cancer and its precursor lesions are identified and monitored. The technology is based upon the measurement of PCR amplicons using mass spectroscopy for each HPV subtype. The analytical and clinical performance of their assay is far superior to all previously identified cytology and molecular tests for cervical cancer because it has both greater sensitivity and specificity. Unlike tests that are already in clinical practice, the test is capable of being quantitative, thus enhancing the ability of the medical practitioner to monitor the progress of HPV infection which is the causative agent in cervical cancer. The assay technology is also able to identify each viral subtype with which the patient is infected. Together, each of these improved attributes has the potential to change the manner in which cervical cancer is diagnosed and treated. The company has other technology commercialization opportunities in development.
The Company is early stage and ready for commercialization.
An undergraduate degree is required. An MBA is preferred.
A passionate, highly credible, high impact individual with impeccable integrity is essential for success. Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational, communication and presentation skills. The successful candidate will be an independent minded, analytical thinker, with a rational and logical decision making style capable of persuading and building consensus. The ability to effect and implement change in the present while developing and building for the future is critical. The successful candidate will have an affinity for technology both as a user and for product applications. They must have a strong desire to grow themselves and an organization.
The CEO will be responsible for:
- Rationalizing the business model and devising strategic plans for the company’s technology that emphasizes product and market development and that provides the vision, direction and guidance for growth.
- Raising capital and leading all financing and funding efforts; seeking, negotiating and culminating corporate partnerships, licensing arrangements, global distribution agreements, facilities, and other business development activities.
- P & L responsibility including formulating budgets for the commercialization process and ensuring effective use of resources.
- Creating content for business plans, presentations materials and marketing literature; leading all public relations and promotion activities.
- Establishing Clinical Trials programs and stewarding products through regulatory and reimbursement processes within the FDA and CMS, the European IVD Directive, the Japanese Ministry of Health, and other key global markets.
- Develop plans to ensure successful introduction and adaptation of new products across all market.
Candidates should posses the following abilities and attributes:
- 10-15 years of increasing responsibility successfully commercializing IVD products, extensive general management experience, a broad based understanding of science and technology and a comprehensive understanding of all the major functional areas necessary to create and grow a medical technology business.
- Demonstrated track record of having successfully taken IVD products from concept to commercialization. Candidate’s experience must include market development, new product introductions and market expansion initiatives.
- Excellent leadership, strong business acumen and comprehensive knowledge of the IVD marketplace are required as candidates must be capable of raising capital and provided the vision, direction and guidance for growth. Must have the strategic planning skills and financial acuity to device business models, product and market development plans and the communication skills to deliver effective presentations.
- Should be adroit at creating corporate partnerships and agreements for joint ventures, product distribution, product development, co-marketing and corporate investment. Experience should include successfully completing agreements with a variety of public and private corporations and licensing agreements with major academic institutions.
- Extensive experience with the conception and design of marketing programs for IVD products including producing content for business plans, promotional and presentation materials and sales literature.
- Experience with and understanding of FDA processes for 510(k) and PMA as well as CMS reimbursement policies and process as well as CDC and CLIA regulations and process.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in varying business environments and must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where resources come from incremental growth.
- Specific experience in developing and marketing Molecular Biology products, Microarrays, or HPV tests is preferred.
DESIRED QUALITIES & DELIVERABLES
The company is seeking an executive with the experience, financial acuity, business acumen, technical and marketplace knowledge, and passion to establish their presence in the market and lead them to a position of market dominance.
- The ideal candidate will be a well- organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results, as well as articulating unique ideas and perspectives.
- The successful candidate will have the presence and integrity to command respect and the confidence and energy to be an effective change agent. They will have an appreciation of and sensitivity to bridging scientific research with marketplace realities and the knowledge and facility to establish business relationships that will optimize the company’s commercialization opportunities.
- The company is seeking an individual who can develop strategic plans that emphasize business planning & market development and implement the mechanism, processes, metrics and reporting structure that will drive future growth.
- Candidate must be able to identify business and market opportunities and be capable of preparing new product introductions and of managing and leveraging broader product offerings.
The complete package will include a competitive base salary, highly attractive equity, benefits program, stock options and relocation.
Mr. Larry Glines
39 South LaSalle Street, Suite 714
Chicago, IL 60603